Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 5, 2011

My first tri-shutter card



Finally!! I did it!! I've been wanting to do a tri-shutter card since last year but it never really turned out the way it's suppose to be! haha! I've looked up in Youtube on how to make it but it seemed so difficult to make and it demotivated me to try it. Until one day I saw for the first time how it's done by my fellow card maker Miss Azilah from Kadkukis or formerly known as CupCakeCraft & Handmade Card during our 2nd Quilling gathering in KL. I was so excited to watch her make her tri-shutter card. She did it really really fast! Seriously! Before you know it, it's done! :) Do check out her blog to see her amazingly gorgeous tri-shutter card at the link above.

For my first try, I did a big one, a half A4 sized card. I didn't decorated much on it apart from pasting different pattern papers I got from a good friend of mine who gave away her paper scraps some time ago to me. Thank you Sandi!! :)  So I used them wisely in this card combining similar shades of blue, orange and green paper. I was thinking of adding some quilled shapes on it but was a bit lazy to do so right now hahahaha. Perhaps in my other tri-shutter cards I'll do that ;).

At first I thought that the tri-shutter card was so thick it wouldn't fit in my handmade envelope, but surprisingly it fits!! Perhaps because I didn't paste anything that's 3D a lot on it. Well, will do more experiments on it for my next try and see how it goes.

I know now that if you really believe in your dreams, you can do it! I sure proved it by making this card and so can you!! ;)


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét