Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 2, 2012

Quilled flower arrangements in gold, silver and white


Ok! As promised in my previous post. Here are the close up photos of the quilled flower arrangements project that I made for my students. :)

This is my first try at making a quilled flower arrangement on an A4 size board. I was actually inspired by my quilling students who loved to make their quilled flower arrangements on boards. They made it in smaller sizes and I thought it was a really nice idea to do something similar with a different twist to it. I made it using just 3 different colour strip of paper.....gold, silver and metallic pearl white paper strip. All the quilling strip used for this quilled flower arrangement were made using papers that were shredded using the mini paper shredder. I chose a thicker type of paper for this project as the paper available were a bit thicker compared to the other quilling strips I've used before.

Since the board itself was quite plain and didn't have a nice background for the quilling arrangement I had in mind, I decided to paste on it an A4 size paper that had a metallic silver sparkle to it's black background. It seemed perfect for my idea. 

For this one, I made a new flower pattern for it. Not sure what to call it hihihi. I've never made something like it before on any of my card designs. It's something new I created using the quilling comb. I really like the middle part of the petal....the silver part...and I did a husking technique on both sides of the silver part then wrapped it with a metallic white quilling strip. The first time I made it when I was experimenting with the new idea, I only made the silver part as a petal by itself. Only later on that I decided to combine it with the husking technique. I love the combination of the two techniques :).




I don't know why but I've always loved to arrange flowers this way. Love seeing it slanting to one side....either to the left or to the right. For this one I made the Royal flower patterns but with the husking technique inside that has two different type of colour paper....gold mixed with silver. I just love doing this type of combination. I love the leaves I made for this flower arrangement too! I made it using the combing technique and see how the loops are so close to each other?? That's because I used a really small hair comb ;). 

I hope to have the time to make more projects like this in future. Perhaps something more complicated, something more challenging. I always have difficulty trying to do that because I always end up making it look so simple. ;)





Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét