Chủ Nhật, 22 tháng 7, 2012

Quilled Sunflower photo frame

QF005

I got a request from a customer who wished for me to make a quilled sunflower photo frame for her dear Mother who happens to LOVE Sunflowers A LOT! hehe! At first I was a bit reluctant to take this order since I've never done any Sunflower arrangement before on cards or photo frames.....I was a little afraid of what the outcome would be like. I don't have any special quilled Sunflower pattern....just a simple one except that this time I thought of giving it a little different touch to the flower  here and there.

I used to make the middle part of the sunflower black in colour but this time I decided to use dark chocolate paper strips instead......and the yellow ochre quilling strips that I used to make the petals were given some orange ink shade to it to make it a little different from what I've done before.

It's the first time for me to make quilled leaves that is big and rounded like that.....using 3 marquis shaped quilling shape and joined them together to form the shape of a big rounded shaped leave.....I was trying to make a leaf that looks like a sunflower leaf......hehehe :D

But what I love the most about this quilled sunflower frame is the LADYBUGS!!! I just love them! I found a tutorial in Pinterest on how to make them last May and I immediately gave it a try. I made a few of them but never got a chance to use them on my artwork until now. At the time I learned how to make them, I didn't have a special craft punch to make those tiny little dots on the ladybugs. But I managed to get the craft punch  later on and was able to glue those tiny dots on them just like how the tutorial showed. It's not that difficult to make either. I definitely love making this pattern more than the usual quilled ladybugs pattern I've made before. <3

Have a look at the video I made of the quilled sunflower frame below....get a closer look at it :)



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét