Thứ Sáu, 14 tháng 9, 2012

Pop up roses card

HB106

I got a request from my dear little sis to make a birthday card for her hubby. Although her hubby's birthday has already passed but she insisted that I make a birthday card for her dearest because she is still in confinement ( she just delivered a baby boy a few weeks ago)....and couldn't go out to get something that would be suitable for him. So I just couldn't say no to this one. Luckily I was given full freedom to design it anyway I like it except that she did made a little request and that was that the card has to be all white in colour because her hubby loves that colour so much and must have a bouquet of roses inside it.  Luckily I was allowed to add some silver to it as it is one of her favourite colour as well other than white. Hmmm looks like both wife and hubby has the same favourite colour...white! I love white too :).

I've never made pop up roses before so I didn't know how at first to make them. I'm not that good at drawing the flowers either. It was just a spontaneous thing and was very quick and easy rose design. The white vase pop up was something new for me to try as well from my pop up book. One of the easy pop up vases project that I tried to make from the book.

The wordings I made on the card were hand carved using a craft knife. It was a bit tricky to carve them because the paper I used were quite thick. Those white and silver paper were a gift from my dear friend Sandi Staley that I received some time ago. Love them so much! :) Have a look at the video below ;) 






Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét