Thứ Tư, 13 tháng 7, 2011

Best Fishes

BW002

Best fishes! Or shall I say Best Wishes! hehehe! I've seen a lot of people making cards with this wordings on it and I just couldn't help but make my own version of it. :) I even saw a clear stamp during my visit to a craft store recently that has those wordings with a couple of fishes too. It was so cute but I couldn't afford to buy it at the time hehe. So I thought why not make a couple of quilled fish instead. Never made one before. So I gave it a try. This is how it turned out! :)

I was thinking of stamping the words on the paper but each time I stamped the letters, I kept making mistakes and it looked so ugly. So out of frustration, I decided to write the wordings myself! hehe! 

What I love about the card is that this is the first time I'm experimenting with a new technique that my fellow quiller Asma' has taught me. She did an online tutorial at her blog about her Royal Flower. I haven't the chance to try and do the Royal Flower yet but I did try the technique of curling the loops like how she did with her Royal Flower. And it was fun! I love the effect it gives. :) I also tried to curl the coils in the body of the fish. Look closely and you can see what I was trying to do :).

The card is not completely done yet....haven't done the envelope and was thinking of making a pop up inside it too. Still in the thinking mode but had to share the design here first hehe. Couldn't help myself, LOL! :D.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét