Thứ Ba, 15 tháng 11, 2011

Bright and sweet coloured flowers


I've been playing with the quilling comb a lot lately and been experimenting on new flower designs. Been thinking of what other designs I can do with the quilling comb and I thought of doing something like the above. It's actually a cascading loop technique that I used to make the petals. For one petal, I glued 3 loops together. So, there's quite a few loops to glue together in order to get just one flower. I used 2 different colour quilling strips for the flower. One cyber pink and the other is fluorescent pink. As you can see, I used shredded strips of paper, that's why the flower has those rough edges. I still haven't thought of getting those clean cut ones. Perhaps one day I will but for now, I still enjoy using the shredded type.

As you can see, I seem to love making layouts for my cards this way lately. Perhaps because it's simple and easy to do hihi! No other reason. :D The plain white metallic background highlights the flower designs and puts them in a frame. So the eyes are focused on just that particular part of the card. I was thinking of doing more to it but not just yet. Just enjoy making the flowers and leaves first and think of the rest later ;).

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét