Chủ Nhật, 5 tháng 5, 2013

Gift cards for school teachers


It's been a long long time since I last took any orders for gift cards. I thought I would never take orders to make them again but this time I had to because it's a special request from a special customer......who is actually my Mom's friend. LOL! Whenever it's for her friends, I can never say NO. ;)

So off I went to start on the project a couple of months ago. It's a lot of work.....120 pieces of gift cards to be made. I was lucky because I was given full freedom to design it anyway I like it and so I immediately thought of using the die cut patterns for this project since it's the easiest way to make the card look fancy in a short period of time.

I also wanted to use the quilling technique since my customer has never seen this technique before and I thought it would be great to introduce it to her and her fellow staffs in school since the gift cards are actually meant for the school teachers. So I just did a simple tear drop shape flower and some frills here and there with a couple of leaves to the design to make it look complete. It's a very simple design indeed.

I took photos that showed the progress of the gift cards I made from time to time.....from the early stages till the very end. I wished I had more time to make mass production of gift cards but sometimes it can bore me if I keep doing the same thing over and over again. So I will definitely try to avoid taking orders such as this any time soon. I prefer to be more inventive and creative in other types of card designs. I miss doing that. Haven't been doing it for the past 2 months now. Been so busy with other projects and also been pretty slow with work because of my ill health. I seriously hope I'll be feeling better in the next few months so that I can be more productive. I'm just glad that my customer is happy with the cards I made for her. It makes all the hard work worth the while. ;)





Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét