Thứ Ba, 13 tháng 12, 2011

A flower within a flower



I've been enjoying making quilled flowers pretty much lately, making lots and lots of them without any reasons...I just love making them during my spare time. Just yesterday I thought of making these flowers and I don't know what to call it but I love making it! hihi! I got the idea of doing this type of flower after I tried my hand at making the beehive flower recently. You see, instead of inserting the twisted strip of paper inside the petal, I decided to insert a quilled teardrop inside it. Super easy! Perhaps there are other quilling designers out there who have done this kind of design before, I'm not really sure but this is something I thought of when making those beehive flowers. I just wanted to insert whatever I can inside the flower and the easiest for me to do at the time was to insert the quilled teardrop :).

You can insert a quilled marquis or a tight quilled coil or a loose quilled coil or whatever you think is nice inside the petal. The other difference is that I made the petal extra thick compared to the beehive petal. You can see the difference in thickness and in size as well. These flowers are a lot less smaller than the beehive flowers I made.

The flower kinda looks like there is a flower within a flower hihihi. Noticed that? I love it. I made the petals using the quilling comb. This way I can decide what size I wish to make for the petals. You can see the difference in size for the two flowers I made at the photo at the top. Those who own a quilling comb can give this technique a try. Just try it, it's super easy! ;) 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét