Thứ Ba, 25 tháng 5, 2010

Pop up balloons!

HB075

This is a very simple birthday card design for a little girl :) I had a request to do a birthday card for this little girl from a regular customer of mine and was given the freedom to do whatever I wanted. I wanted to experiment on the birthday cake using the quilling technique but decided to make the cake using foam instead. So for the candles I wanted to do the quilling as well....but somehow the rolled candle like paper didn't fit in well with the foam cake. So I used something else instead as the candle and made the fire using quilled tear drop shapes. 

I scattered and glued so many tiny cubes of foam of various colors on the card . I like that 3D effect it gives:) For the pop up....I love using the weaving technique.....so I weaved the paper strings of the balloons on the square pop up to make it look like it's floating hehehe. It's very simple and easy to do. :) It's a very colorful card indeed! :)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét